Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Day 1.5 in Can Cun

We have arrived in Can Cun… wow. Its impressive to see how much this place looks like a jungle. I swear I thought I saw a Mayan dude walking with a spear as we were landing, just kidding but the land appears to be virgin.

Everyone is either happy to see us or have x-ray vision to see that we have not converted our currency to Mexican pesos. Their reaction is to say “bienvinidos” when they see us. Our hotel transport went smooth It took me by surprise to see a service be really nice, that was the case with our driver he was quite welcoming. At the lobster restaurant our waiter said bienvenido to us every time he arrived and left our table. I hade chilaquiles con pollo and Angie had machacha, I was disappointed to know they are not big fans of pinto beans. No matter where we walked some one is trying to call you from across the street so they can sell you something. Our hotel view speaks for itself in the pictures in this log.

We quickly understood we couldn’t fight the weather so we’ll “embrace the heat”. Its nice and balmy, yummy. I must say Monday was a good day.

Today, Tuesday we plan to go on a jungle tour and eat, of course. Tomorrow we're going to Tres Rios.

Thanx for reading.

No comments: